10:39 PM

14 JUL 2017

Some of my friends might know that I have been having digestive issues, I had diarrhea almost EVERYDAY for 365 days, 反正几乎就是吃什么 next 1-2hours later 就泻什么, and I can have diarrhea up to 3 times day. There's not really a day I had a normal shit, HAHA damn this description gets a little shitty, I apologize if any of you are having meal at this moment lol.

I went on scaring myself that maybe there's something in my intestines or whatever that caused all these indigestion problem, but girl friend said most likely I'm having IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), maybe due to food sensitivities or due to stress / anxiety / depression, which might be quite true as I'm always in a stress environment, dealing with career, studies and domestic issues.

Another issue for the past many years was, I think I can't take too much caffeine, if I drank coffee before eating anything / too much coffee/ coffee that contains too much caffeine/ coffee that contains too much milk or cold coffee, I might feel nausea the next moment, giddy, heartbeats getting faster, cold sweat and maybe even start to tremble. Therefore the reason why I seldom drink coffee or tea that has too much caffeine. I think mom has this problem too. To the extend I even once tried and compared almost every brand of coffee I see in supermarket, just to taste which is nicer and which doesn't have the bad caffeine effect on me / mom, and then I will avoid buying those brands which are bad..

Anyway, yeah ever since I arrived here last month till now, maybe due to feeling less stressed out, surprisingly I DID NOT HAVE AN SINGLE DAY OF DIARRHEA after meals! HURRAY!! and I also had (Cold/ Hot/ with or without milk) Decaf coffee almost daily, seems like no issue too. Haha very happy. Decaf coffee tasted pretty good too, Singapore should sell more decaf ones. 😄😄

----------

Nothing much interesting going on recent week, and since I do not have a car at the moment, it is kind of difficult to travel around to explore places, so I spent half of my free time in the kitchen cooking, baking, and experimenting new dishes. Haha I don't know why some people find it a chore but I think it is quite fun. Cooking/ baking/ plating is an art. Plus, it feels nice to share food together with other people too.
Good food = happy tummy = happy days.

Chicken Stew


This one anyhow cook. HAHA
 Kung Bao fried noodles with prawn, sides are fish fingers and lava egg.


 Chicken ham, tomatoes, onions in French bread, drizzled with Honey Dijon Mustard.


 ABC soup, Stir fry minced pork with french beans.



凉拌黄瓜



Fish Fillet, in HK style sauce.



Googled and found the one and only Asian supermarket in town, so Danny and I went to check it out.
It was like 30mins drive from my house.

This is own by a Korean family.
Not a big one, maybe just the size of a 5 room flat, but it has half of the essential asian groceries. A little pricey for half of the items but I guess there's not much of a choice as there isn't a chinatown here and since its like the only asian supermarket in town, the price had to be marked up a little, and we just have to deal with it. 
Mostly selling Thai/ Korean/Vietnam spices, sauces, rice, noodles and vegetables etc, so it is good enough if any Asians are on craving. Just no Garlic chili! WHY?! Lol 😅


A varieties of canned food, tea and spices.


The one and only curry powder brand I found in the shop.. 
Not sure if it is nice, will cook it soon. $6USD ugh


Mee Soto has always been my comfort food. I especially liked the Mee Soto sold at the malay stall back at my home based airport Terminal 3's food court.
Will cook and see if the soup base is authentic.


$$2USD for a bag of beansprouts -_-
Bought it once, just for fun, might take awhile to finish this.
Apparently, angmo's doesn't know what are beansprouts lol


Herbal mix for chicken soup


So yeah I bought some dried soba noodles and stir fried them since I do not know where to buy those soba sauce and do not know how to make them from scratch.
Yummy nonetheless! I put Sesame oil, soy sauce, pepper, sugar. and that's it.


Bought lup Cheong and dried chinese mushrooms from the Asian supermarket too!
 So of course I had to cook some Claypot rice (without a claypot) hahaha.



And lastly, tried cooking the mee soto with the paste I've bought.
It tasted alright but the soup isn't authentic and a tad salty. I guess nothing beats ingredients made from scratch for a soup base.



Till then!

You Might Also Like

0 comments