Now, that's what I call a Superrrrrrmarket

11:00 PM

2 JUL 2017

Zulma asked me to go shopping together with her this afternoon, and brought me to one of the biggest walmart outlet in town. It really has everything under one roof, like a small shopping mall haha 真方便!
But this is also bad. Because I got tempted over buying everything in the supermarket. A lot product I see looks nice, looks yummy, and then I'll put them into my trolley.. LOL hate it

Here are some things which I came across...

They sell Guns, Rifles and bullets! Wth



They sell firecrackers for 4th July!
$30 for a pack of mini fireworks. hahaha I'm thinking of buying one to try, since it is also lao niang's birthday.
Back home government don't allow selling it in public, so since I'm here, gotta try lol 😅



Cakes for people who are fickled minded, cannot decide which flavour they like.
Singapore's Supermarket, learn from 'em pls



Apparently this is not a Banana. 
This is a Plantain.
I had a funny debate with lauren, alex, william, zulma.. that this is still a banana! 
But they insisted that "A banana is a banana, this is a Plantain."

Anyways yeah the difference between a Plantain vs a normal banana:
Plantains is a little more greenish in color (unriped banana?? hmm..) It contain more starch and less sugar than normal bananas, therefore they are usually used to cooked before being eaten. 




25cents per mango!?
I had enough of mangoes which were grown from Babara's backyard, so I skipped buying this.


Surname spotted 😁



Couscous are a lil' cheaper here?



and then I gotten all excited when I spotted a small section of asian groceries in the supermarket.
Not much stuffs here but at least this is where you get your soy sauce, sesame oil, instant noodle, beehoon, jasmine rice.
Apparently when you say instant noodle / cup noodle , nobody here seem to understand what you are talking about. You gotta say: Ramen. 


Oh MILO! Zulma told me she bought it before and loved it. haha


Look at the price of flax seed, chia seed etc ..
I wonder if its some sub-quality kind of product because back home, chia seed are usually quite expensive I think?



A lot of milk options available.
It's nice that over here they sell Lactose-free milk for people who can't take milk.



Eggs are cheap here o_o


 Over bought. 😅
I've already cut down on a lot of things not buying, things like Ice cream (?!) as it would melt in such humid weather.



Ridiculous shopping but fun.
Spent like 4 hours in the supermarket mainly only looking at food. Skipped the clothes and other departments as I didn't had the time. Now I understand why a lot of angmo are big size. Eat too much 😁

Alrighty, time for me to sort out my food in the small kitchen. 😆

You Might Also Like

0 comments