10:31 PM

27 JUN 2017

Jetlag is real 😅
Been sleeping at weird hours like 5pm local time and waking up at witching hours like 2-3am and not being able to sleep anymore, and then sleeping at 4am etc, basically messed up body clock haha.. But well day by day slowly adjusting back to normal.
Past few days' been quite ok, except that the weather is very hot and humid, similar like back in Singapore. Went to explore a little bit nearby my accomodation.

 Went swimming & gym with Lauren, Anna and Alex. Nice that it has different kind water slides and jumping board at the pool which made it more fun. haha

 

Tried the local Macdonalds.
HAHA I gotta say this is kinda of awesome, because they have all sort of condiments for their french fries and nuggets! Unlike back in my country which only have tomato sauce and garlic chili (which I loved) and also Curry sauce for the nuggets, the local macdonalds here have about 10 dipping sauces. omg?!
I didnt had a chance to take a photo because I was too hungry and excited to taste it, but I've managed to search for a photo I found on the internet to show you the few example of sauces which they have. What's not in the photo are Wasabi Mayo, Chipotle sauce, Szechuan teriyaki ( wth, not sure how spicy it is, quite interesting haha)

Putting unhealthy thoughts aside first, Gotta try 'em all! LOL




Lovin' some of the supermarket here! It's huge and the selection of everything under one roof and has just so many brands to choose from. Spoilt with choices. It's like twice the size of Giant megastore back home.
You should check out the icecream section. Man, its like the whole stretch of it! I don't even see such a long stretch section of it when I was in Aussie's supermarket. Over here, I think at least 30-40 brands and flavours to pick from, oh my goodness I'm in heaven. Haha I don't think Mr Sim will like it since he doesn't fancy Ice cream😅




Cooked some Chicken soup for dinner, with some minced pork spagghetti sauce to go with my toast bread which was left over from lunch. Lol I know this combination of meal is a lil' weird, but whatever, as long it fills my tummy. haha
Made a portion of chicken soup for lil' Anna (Lauren's niece) as well. Love sharing my cooking & food with people. It just tasted better :)



Lauren brought me to try Taco Bell.
Even though I've known of this fast food chain for so long since I lived in Canada for many years, it is still my first time trying it 'cos majority of the food on menu are beef which my parents do not eat, so we didnt visit it.

I stared at the menu for awhile and didnt see any description of what is in all the different taco meals, so I went up the staff and said: May I know which one isn't beef on menu?
She was like: Okay yeah we have Quesadilla, which is the only chicken.
Me: right, I'll just order one of that then. LOL

It tasted pretty good, but I think the tacos looked nicer on appearance? Crunchy looking with all the salsa bits. haha too bad there's no chicken for it.
I tried their sauces. It's interesting to see different level of spicy sauces. 
I picked and tasted all of 'em on my chicken wrap. lol
Lauren didnt like spicy food and she said the fire and diablo is too hot (it has jalapeno peppers in it which supposed to be very spicy)
I went level by level and when I reached "Fire" and "Diablo", I was like: eh what's this, no kick. HAHA it is spicy but not to the extend of burning sensation like mala szechuan pepper, and also not the kind of yummy spicy like nonya spice. I'm not a fan of spicy food but certain food are still acceptable.




Weather is still pretty hot and humid and there's always thunderstrom during late afternoon past few days. William said it hardly ever rain for so many months and he doesn't know why theres heavy rain all of the sudden for the whole week continuously. Dang, a welcome shower of "luck" for me? Hope not.
Nothing much to do nearby Lauren's house. But it's ok, peaceful and relaxing with the nature surrounding, Healing the mind and soul, away from the stressful and fast pace environment like back in my country. I can get use to that everyday, also will be nice to have a car and head out to town once or twice every week, similar to the days when I was studying and living in Aussie.

You Might Also Like

0 comments